One year | 365 days | 52 weeks | 12 months | 62 blog posts
One year of blogging as Namesste Momma!
Blogging didn’t fall off my plate.
Writing & growing a community wasn’t added to the list of things I never followed through on.
I accomplished it.
& you know what the best part of that is? Today as I write this, I’m even more excited than I was when I sat down to write my first post as Namesste Momma last year.
One year in & we are just getting started Friends!
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
My heart is so very grateful for every single person who has read through my posts, liked/followed me on social media, & shared the things I’ve written. I am so grateful for every comment & conversation I’ve had about this passion of mine. I wouldn’t be here, a year later, without you beautiful souls. so from the bottom of my heart, thank you for showing up & moving forward with me through the mess.
I have a LOT of big dreams for this little piece of the web that’s mine.
1st up? I bought my domain! Soon you will be able to find me at http://www.namesstemomma.com
I’m going to share more of the excitement & vision SOON, I promise! I feel like this last year has been a little bit all over the place topic wise, so that I could find where I felt passionate & what people were eager to hear more about. So I hope that you’re buckling up with me & in for the ride ahead. It’s going to be great, I can feel it in my bones!
So in the spirit of getting to know each other better as we embark further on this lovely messy journey of ours, I’ve decided to share some fun facts about myself with you!
Here are 32 things about me, that you may or may not know.
- I chose to write 32 things about myself because I’m 32 😉
- I’m not sure if “old soul” is the correct title but…The Rat Pack, manners, chivalry, red lipstick, integrity, farm houses, antique shops, traditions & spunk are my jam
- Music is my love language. Lyrics & singing?…sign me up!
- Inspirational quotes are my addiction, can’t stop won’t stop.
- This year I will be celebrating 12 years of dancing through the minefields a.k.a. marriage with my Hunky Hubby
- I love the Holy Spirit.
- I love colors!
- Crying is something that comes easily to me. happy & sad tears
- Favorite meal = sushi + pizza + stout beer
- I currently have four tattoos & have a whole slew of ideas for new ones. Interested in knowing some of my tattoo inspiration? Check out my Pinterest board titled Ink
- I’m a Momma to four babes. One first grader. One that we are currently fostering to adopt. One lost princess & One rainbow baby.
- I live with & overcome depression & anxiety daily [which is totally badass, even when I don’t remember it is]
- Hot yoga is my sanctuary.
- When I need to cheer myself up I usually try to find something I can do for someone else. Works almost every time, yay kindness for the win!
- I have one brother. Who’s younger than me but almost a foot taller than me.
- I talk on the phone with my Rents almost daily.
- I’ve taken college level classes in theology, baking & pastry arts, starting a business & psychology.
- Roller coasters make me feel alive.
- Walt Disney World is honestly my happy place. I’m a former cast member & was even proposed to in front of the castle!
- Camping revitalizes my spirit.
- I traveled to El Salvador right before my oldest son’s 1st birthday to help dig a well.
- I’ve dyed my hair more times than I can count, many different colors
- Watching movies & going to the theater is one of my favorite hobbies.
- Buying mugs with sayings on them is a part of my self-care. Yes, you read that right & my husband agrees!
- I’m a mermaid.
- Bookstores & libraries make me feel like an adventurer.
- I like old people.
- Rainy days make my heart smile.
- Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups are my favorite candy.
- I enjoy cooking & in large amounts. One of the reasons I need to keep growing my family… fewer leftovers. 😉
- Taking pictures is something I truly adore doing. My first real nice camera was given to me as a graduation present from my parents. It was a film camera & had different filters to place on the lens to create different effects.
- Zooey Deschanel is my spirit animal. This may go against the rules of spirit animals…but I’m okay with that.
I’m curious to know if you learned anything new about me?
What are some fun facts about you? Drop 3 [or more, if you’re on a roll] things about yourself in the comments below so that I get to know you a little better!!
I’m loving this journey of embracing our mess & moving forward together. I’m glad you’re here.
The Mess in Me Honors the Mess in You